SQL Server Essentials in an hour The SELECT statement. Learn how to use SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER in SQL Server. Create views+procedures. Export in Excel
Want to learn SQL Server quickly?
In this course, we’ll look in an hour at the SELECT statement.
There are six constituent clauses in this statement:
- SELECT – this is akin to the Print statement in other languages, and
- FROM – this shows your data source,
- WHERE – this filters down your data source,
- GROUP BY – this enables the results to be summarised,
- HAVING – this filters the summary, and
- ORDER BY – this sorts your results.
We’ll then look at saving your code using both views and procedures.
Finally, we’ll export your reports into Excel, both statistically (copy and paste) and dynamically (so that you always have the latest reports).
In just an hour, you’ll be able to create your own SELECT statements, so you can use them in SQL Server (SSMS, SSRS and SSIS) and in Excel. This is all you need to start writing and using your own code. Quick and easily.
SQL Server Essentials in an hour The SELECT statement Description
Ideally, you should have installed SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) on your computer.
You need to know how to use a computer, and how to open a spreadsheet.
No other knowledge of SQL Server is needed.
There’s a 30-day money back guarantee on this Udemy course.
What you’ll learn
Build your own SQL Server SELECT statements.
Use the SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY clauses.
Encapsulate (save) your statements as views or procedures.
Dynamically connect the results of your SELECT statements into Excel.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to learn about SQL Server’s SELECT statement.
- You can use the SELECT statement in SSMS, SSRS, SSIS and Excel.
SQL Server Essentials in an hour The SELECT statement Free Download
How to download