Ebook SQL Practice Problems: 57 beginning, intermediate, and advanced challenges for you to solve using a “learn-by-doing” approach Free Download. The ability to write SQL is one of the most in-demand job skills
[Book] SQL Practice Problems: 57 beginning, intermediate, and advanced challenges Description
It’s easy to find basic SQL syntax information online. What’s hard to find is challenging, well-designed, real-world problems—the type of problems that come up when you’re dealing with data. Learning how to solve these problems will give you the skill and confidence to step up in your career.
With SQL Practice Problems, you can get that level of experience by solving sets of targeted problems. These aren’t just problems designed as syntax examples. These are the most common problems you encounter when you deal with data.
You will get real world practice, with real world data. I’ll teach you how to “think” in SQL, how to analyze data problems, figure out the fundamentals, and work towards a solution that you can be proud of.
Can I run SQL Practice Problems on a Mac? No, it requires a computer with Microsoft Windows. I also offer a Professional package at SQLPracticeProblems.com which is suitable for both Windows and Mac.
How important is the real-life, hands-on problem solving that you can find in SQL Practice Problems?
You can watch videos online that will walk you through various aspects of databases, and SQL. And you can read up on SQL syntax and keywords, and review sample code.
But…to really absorb and be able to apply your learning, you need to solve real-world problems. Being presented with a SQL problem, and working through that problem (with hints, if necessary) will help you understand and remember like nothing else.
What do you get when you buy SQL Practice Problems?
- Setup instructions for Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition and SQL Server Management Studio (Microsoft Windows required). Both are free downloads.
- A customized practice database, with a video walk-through on setting it up.
- Practice problems – 57 problems that you work through, step-by-step. There are targeted hints if you need them, which help guide you through the question.
- Answers and a short, targeted discussion section on each question, with alternative answers and tips on usage and good programming practice.
What does SQL Practice Problems not contain?
- Complex descriptions of syntax. There’s just what you need, and no more.
- The differences between every single SQL variant (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc). The practice problems are set up with Microsoft SQL Server, and the differences are minor and easy to find online.
- Details on Insert, Update and Delete statements. The hardest thing to learn in SQL is how to write Select statements that return complex data. Other components of SQL are relatively easy.
[Book] SQL Practice Problems: 57 beginning, intermediate, and advanced challenges Free Download