Splunk Basics Course Free Download. In this hands-on course, we will learn how to set up a small virtual LAB to simulate real-world logging and monitoring scenarios, where we will collect logs from Apache web server and Fortigate firewall and send them to Splunk for storage, analysis, visualization and alerting.
Splunk Basics Course Free Description
- Some prior knowledge about Linux operation system
- You’ll need a desktop computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) capable of running 3 virtual machines. The course will walk you through installing the necessary free software.
What you’ll learn
- · ICT Logging and monitoring basics
- · How to make logs work for you and get notified if something went wrong
- · Visualize data received from any log source in very simple steps
- · Build a small computer LAB that consists of a Splunk server, Apache web server and Fortigate firewall virtual appliance
- · Install and configure Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Universal Forwarder
- · Know the different deployment types of Splunk
- · Collect logs from remote nodes using Splunk Universal Forwarder
- · Collect logs from Syslog devices like Fortigate firewall
- · Search and explore data on Splunk
- · Extract fields and add knowledge to data
- · Quick introduction to Splunk Search Processing language (SPL)