With React Native, the most important thing is to understand the ecosystem and how it comes together to create an app. By understanding the overall architecture, we will be able to take the full of advantage the platform.
The course will start by covering the fundamentals like setting up the navigation, setting up the screens, styles, and the UI elements, before moving on to more advanced topics such as state management, crash/error reporting, setting up analytics, and middlewares, debugging, and performance optimizations. We will also learn how to avoid/fix frame drops – possibly the most-watched parameter of any UI application.
We will also build a Design System and will follow the Atomic Design Pattern of building layouts. A Design System primarily consists of three parts:
- UI Inventory and Patterns
- Spacing and Styles
What’ll you learn
- How to build real world apps using React Native
- How to build a Design System for your app
- How to do state management in React Native
- Storyboarding – Build apps from a Product perspective
- Understand the React Native ecosystem, the right way
- Jumpstart using a template that has ~200 github stars
- Architecture that separates design and development
- Learn UX best practices and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks
Why this course?
- We will take a Product based development approach to building apps. React Native abstracts out a lot of platform specific nuances, so wouldn’t focusing on building the app as an experience make the most sense. The design pattern will help us exactly with that, and we will put together a structure that is both scalable and extensible. This architecture also helps keep the design separate from the development.
- At the end of this course, you will not only be able to build real-world apps with React Native, but also have the fundamentals of building any enterprise UI application.