[Obie Fernandez] The Rails 5 Way (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby) Free Download.
[Obie Fernandez] The Rails 5 Way (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby) Description
The Rails™ 5 Way is the only comprehensive, authoritative guide to delivering production-quality code with Rails 5. Kevin Faustino joins pioneering Rails developer Obie Fernandez to illuminate the entire Rails 5 API, including its most powerful and modern idioms, design approaches, and libraries. They present extensive new and updated content on Rails API, web sockets using Action Cable, RSpec 3.4, Turbolinks 5.0, and more.
Through detailed code examples, you’ll dive deep into the Rails 5 code base, discover why Rails is designed as it is, and learn how to make it do exactly what you want. Proven in thousands of production systems, this book’s techniques will maximize your productivity and help you build more successful solutions. You’ll want to keep this guide by your computer—and refer to it constantly.
This guide will help you:
- Build powerful, scalable, REST-compliant backend services
- Program complex program flows using Action Controller
- Represent models, relationships, CRUD operations, searches, validation, callbacks, and more in Active Record
- Smoothly evolve application database schema via Migrations
- Apply advanced Active Record techniques: single-table inheritance, polymorphic models, and more
- Create visual elements with ActionView and partials
- Optimize performance and scalability with view caching and Turbolinks 5.0
- Master the highly productive Haml HTML templating engine
- Make the most of Rails’ approach to session management
- Secure your systems with authentication and authorization
- Resist SQL Injection, XSS, XSRF, and other attacks
- Integrate email services with Action Mailer
- Enable real-time, web sockets based browser behavior using Rails 5’s ActionCable
- Improve overall responsiveness using background processing
- Use Asset Pipeline to simplify development, improve perceived performance, and reduce server burdens
- Specify and test maintainable code using RSpec