In-Depth Concept Art – MotiondesignSchool. You will learn the whole process of creating concept art: from a basic idea to the final piece of artwork.
You will learn how to start with a basic idea or a concept to create a world of its own using simple tools and techniques. You will go through the whole process like concept artists in real studios do, and discover what it’s like to be a part of a project for an animated movie.
I’ll demonstrate the workflow of a concept artist. We will start with a line sketch and slowly work through the artwork by using techniques like Photobashing and 3D concepting to create a final piece. This course is perfectly suitable for people who don’t know how to draw since I use basic techniques and simple examples. You will still be able to produce a great result, even with no prior knowledge!
In-Depth Concept Art – MotiondesignSchool Description
- Role of a concept artist in a project.
- Techniques used by concept artists in modern industry.
- Visual language, design and composition.
- Project introduction and working on a brief. Photoshop Interface.
- Drawing a Sci-Fi city.
- Analyzing references.
- Creating atmosphere and light. Principles of working with tone.
- Creating a simple tonal sketch
- Photobashing. Ways to use photos in your works.
- Working with value, color and saturation.
- Preparing photo-textures for an efficient workflow.
- Techniques and tricks of photobashing.
- Using photos to complete a concept.
- Benefits of 3D for concept artists.
- Using 3D in a smart way.
- Intro to Blender. Simple modeling techniques. Working with primitives.
- Texturing in 3D.
- Introduction to composition.
- 3D as a tool for making compositions.
- Rendering passes. Making sketches over simple 3D.
- Presentation of sketches of keyart/keyframe concept illustrations.
- 3D for the final concept illustration. Creating final models of the buildings.
- Texturing. Rendering passes and composing them in Photoshop.
- Photobashing. Overpainting and finalization of a concept illustration.