CSS – The Complete Guide 2020 (incl. Flexbox, Grid & Sass). Learn CSS for the first time or brush up your CSS skills and dive in even deeper. EVERY web developer has to know CSS.
CSS – short for Cascading Style Sheets – is a “programming language” you use to turn your raw HTML pages into real beautiful websites.
This course covers it all – we start at the very basics (What is CSS? How does it work? How do you use it)? and gradually dive in deeper and deeper. And we do this by showing both practical examples as well as the theory behind it.
Getting started with CSS might look easy but there actually is a lot of depth to CSS – hence this course provides different “Tracks” or “Entry points” to exactly meet your demands and reflect you current knowledge level:
- The Basics Track: Start from scratch, learn CSS from the ground up. You start with lecture 1 and simply follow through to the end.
- The Advanced Track: You already know the CSS basics, you know what selectors are and how it works but you want to dive in deeper and learn some advanced features and usages.
- The Expert Track: You got the advanced knowledge, too, but you want to dive into things like Flexbox, CSS Grid, CSS Variables or Sass. This track is for you.
CSS – The Complete Guide 2020 (incl. Flexbox, Grid & Sass) Description
You should know the very basics about HTML and web development in general
NO advanced HTML or web development knowledge is required though
NO CSS knowledge is required at all! You’ll learn it all in this course!
What you’ll learn
Build beautiful websites which don’t just contain great content but also look good
Use basic as well as advanced CSS features
Understand the concepts and theory behind CSS and certain CSS features
Here’s what’s inside the course in detail – this is all also applied to the mentioned course project:
- The basics about selectors, combinators and how you set up styling rules in general
- Properties, values and decalarations
- How specifity and inheritance work and why it’s called “Cascading” Style Sheets
- Important theoretical concepts like the “Box Model”
- How the default position of elements can be changed
- Styling backgrounds (e.g. gradients) and images
- Which units and dimensions you typically use in CSS (px, rem, % and more)
- Responsive design and what “Mobile First” means
- Styling forms and form inputs
- Working with text, fonts and text styles
- Flexbox! How it works and how to use it
- Using the CSS Grid and how it differs from Flexbox
- Transforming and animating HTML elements with the help of CSS
- Writing future-proof CSS with features like CSS variables or best-practice class names
- Using Sass and what it actually is all about
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn CSS for the first time or wants to sharpen his or her CSS skills
- Anyone who’s excited to learn about the latest CSS features like Flexbox, CSS Grid or CSS Variables
- Anyone who knows CSS but wants to dive deeper
CSS – The Complete Guide 2020 (incl. Flexbox, Grid & Sass) Free Download
Google Drive (Public)